How to Change the Password of an FTP Account
If you want to change password for your primary FTP Account then you need to change your root cPanel password. For more detail on how to do that, please see this article.
If however, you wish to change the password of a specific FTP user account, you should follow this instruction :
1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In the Files section, click on FTP Accounts Icon.
3. Under the FTP Accounts list, click on Change Password link for the account you wish to alter.
4. Enter your desired password twice or use the Password Generator Tool. If manually entering a password, you must consider the Password Strength Indicator.
5. Click on the Change Password button.
Now you can access your FTP user account with your new password. Detail on how to configure an FTP client can be found here.
If you have any trouble with this, please let us know.
Was this answer helpful?
While any FTP user is connected to your cPanel account, their FTP connection will be listed in...
If you want to increase/decrease the FTP Quota or switch a user to an Unlimited FTP Quota, then...
Setting up your local FTP client with your cPanel FTP account is extremely easy. To access the...
You can use your primary cPanel username and password to access all folders and files via FTP....
If you need to remove an FTP user account for any reason, then you can accomplish this by...