1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In the Files section, click on the File Manger Icon.
3. A small pop-up window will prompt you to select the domain or folder location. Should you have a number of domains or addons, select the appropriate domain name or folder location. It will look like this :
You have several options :
Home Directory : The root directory for your account. Contains ALL files and folders.
Web Root (public_html) : The primary folder for the storage of all web accessible data within your account.
Public FTP Root : The location of your Incoming Public FTP files.
Document Root for ... : If you have more than one domain associated with your account, you can jump directly to the assigned web root for that domain.
You also have the option to select to Show Hidden (dot) Files and the ability to Always open this directory in the future when opening File Manager.
Once you have made your selection, Click GO.
Please note, once you are in the File Manger, you can also navigate to any directory where you wish to upload your files. A complete list of the directories within your account will always appear in the left hand frame.
4. So lets says you wish to upload a file to the web accessible folder for your one and only domain - You'd then need to be sure you are in the public_html folder within your account. You can always see your current location by looking for the Home icon toward the upper left hand corner of your screen. It appears above the complete folder list in the left hand frame :
Once you have made sure you are in the correct location for uploading your files, click on the Upload link found in the top most menu :
5. On the next page, you will be present with the option to choose the file for uploading and to alter the permissions of said file :
By default the numeric value of 644 is selected. This is ideal for web content. Do not alter the permissions unless you have a very good reason for doing so.
To begin, click on the Choose File button.
Then browse and select the file you want to upload from your local computer. After you have selected the file, the upload process will begin automatically.
Lets us know if you have any questions about uploading files using the cPanel File Manager!