Requesting a MySQL 5 Database
How to create a MySQL 5 Database in your account.
To request a MySQL 5 database for your account:
1) Connect to your account control panel at: http://www.example.com/admin
2) Click the Website Tools tab at the top of the page
3) Click the MySQL Database Interface List item from the Website Tools submenu on the menu on the left side of the page.
4) Follow the link to request a new database. This will present you with a page that requires some basic information:
Username - This is the username you use when you log into your control panel (eg: your_user). You may not use a different username.
Database Name - This is the name you want for your database. Remember, because we use a single MySQL server, your database name must be unique. It is often a good idea to work your account username into your database name (eg: your_userdata)
Password - This is the password for your MySQL login -- it is used for all of your databases. Please see the note about database passwords below.
Email - Once your database has been created, we will send an email to this address to notify you.
5) Click the Request Database submit button at the bottom of the page, and your database will be requested. When your database has been created, you will be notified by email.
If you are going to be using more than one database, all additional databases will use the same username and password as your first database. If you wish to change your MySQL password, please contact us.