How to Transfer a Domain's Registration to Datarealm
Most top level domains (.com, .net, .org, etc) can be transferred from their current register to Datarealm.
In order to transfer a domain to Datarealm you must bear in mind the following :
1) You must wait 60 days after the initial registration or any previous transfers to initiate a transfer of your domain to Datarealm.
2) If your domain is within a 30 day Redemption Grace Period, it must be restored by your current registrar before it can be transferred.
3) A request for confirmation will be sent to the admin contact on the domain’s 'whois' record. It’s critical that this email address be current and correct.
4) The domain’s registration must be 'unlocked' with a 'OK' status. Registrations that are locked or domains that have a 'Client transfer prohibited' status can not be transferred. Your current registrar can unlock your domain.
5) You must submit an authorization/EPP code when you make your initial request for a domain transfer. This is an alphanumeric code specific to your domain. You must obtain this code from your current registrar. We can not request or proceed with any transfer without this code.
If you are not sure who your domain's current registrar is, you can see this information as part of the domain's 'whois' record. You can see 'whois' results for your domain by doing a look up here -
If you need more help, please let us know!
Ready to get started?
If you are a new client signing up for the first time, you can choose to transfer one domain as part of your initial account sign up.
Once you have an account with us, you can use the billing /clients interface to request the registry transfer of any or all of the domains you own.
Please note that when you transfer a domain from your current registrar to Datarealm, the domain will be renewed for 1 year.
For a limited time, the transfer price is $10. All subsequent renewals will be the standard $20/year price.
Was this answer helpful?
What subdomains are, how to set them up, and their associated costs. What is a Subdomain?...
Details on the costs and services associated with adding additional domain names to your account....
How to transfer your domain's DNS from another hosting provider to Datarealm. Determining the...