1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In the Files section, click on FTP Accounts Icon
3. Under Add FTP Account, fill in the following details:
- Log In : FTP Username like "newuser" (without the quotes and spaces).
- Password : Enter new FTP Password twice or generate a new password by clicking on the Password Generator button. If manually entering a password, you must consider the Password Strength Indicator.
- Directory : If you want to give access to the entire /public_html folder, enter "public_html" (with no quotes) or change folder path to a different path like "public_html/newuser" (no quotes) and your FTP user will be granted access to only the "newuser" folder. Furthermore, your new FTP user will be unable to access folders outside of the "public_html/newuser" folder.
- Quota : Specify the quota in a numerical limit (like 2000 mb for example) or select unlimited.
4. Click on the blue Create FTP Account button.
Now you can access your files by using your newly-created FTP account with the following settings :
- Host : Your Website IP or enter your website name like ftp.example.com (replace example.com with your website address).
- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org (replace example.com with your website address).
- FTP Port: 21 (Default port is 21)
- FTP Password: The password specified when creating the FTP account
For more detail on how to configure an FTP program, please see this article. If you need nay help, let us know!