How to Create Email Forwarding Addresses
To create a new forwarding address or alias, perform the following steps:
1. Login to your cPanel account.
2. In the Email Section of your cPanel, click on Forwarders and then click on the blue Add Forwarders button.
3. On the Add a New Forwarder page you will see the Address to forward field. As an example, if you want to forward all mail sent to email@example.com to a different email address, enter "info" (without the quotes) in the Address to forward field, and should you have multiple domains, select the appropriate one from the domain drop-down list.
4. From the Destination options select the Forward to Email Address and enter the destination email where you want to receive forwarded emails.
5. Click on the blue Add Forwarder Button.
You may have noticed there are several options beyond simply forwarding your email to a different mail address. You can select these as needed :
- Discard and send an error to the sender (at SMTP time). You may even specify custom bounced error message.And under Advanced you will see :
- Forward to a system account - send the email to your default cPanel email account.
- Pipe to a Program - A truly advanced feature. Please only use under the instruction of a system admin.
- Discard - Not Recommended
Please let us know if you need any help with these email features.
Was this answer helpful?
You can access your Email account directly from various Webmail Clients.1. Open...
If you want to change password of your email account then you can do this by the following...
To create a new email account, perform the following steps:1. Log into your cPanel account.2. In...
What is a Mailman mailing list? How to add a Mailman mailing list to your account How to access...
We are thrilled to say that cPanel makes configuring your local email client very easy. You can...