How to create a new folder or files in the cPanel File Manager?
Follow the steps below to create directories or files with your cPanel File Manager.
To create a new folder/directory within your account :
1. To create a new directory, log into your cPanel account.
2. In the Files section, click on the File Manger Icon.
3. A pop-up will prompt you to select a domain or folder location. Should you have a number of domains or addons, select the appropriate domain name or folder location, and press the GO button.
For more detail about selecting the correct location see the notes on this page.
4. Click on the New Folder Icon.
5. In the New Folder Name field enter your folder name like "myfolder" (without the quotes). Then click on the Create New Folder button.
How to create new file in your account :
1. Click on the New File Icon.
2. In the New File Name field enter a file name like "MyFile.txt" (without the quotes). Then click on the Create New File button.
Let us know if you have any questions or problems!
Was this answer helpful?
With the absence if an index file, the cPanel server will display the content of a directory when...
Editing a file using cPanel's File Manager allows you to make immediate changes to your web site...
If you don't want to use a 3rd party FTP Software, you can use the cPanel's built in File Manager...
What is Directory Privacy?How can I add a password to a particular folder of my site?How do I add...