Mailman Mailing Lists
Creating a Mailman Mailing List
1) Connect to your account control panel at: http://www.example.com/admin
2) Click the Email tab at the top of the page
3) Click the Mailing List item from the Email submenu on the menu on the left side of the page.
4) Click the gray bar which reads Add MailMan Mailing List to your account. If you are already using all of the lists allotted to you, you will be presented with a 'Your are currently using all of your mailing lists' message asking if you want to purchase an additional mailing list. If you don't want to purchase a mailing list at this time, click 'Cancel'.
5) On the Add Mailing Lists page you will be presented with a basic form:
List Name - Choose the name of your email list. While you can choose any name you wish, we recommend that you give the list a name that describes its use (eg: phila-architecture). Your list name is what will appear before the @ sign in your list's email address.
List Password - This password will be used to gain access to your Mailman web interface and to approval admin requests. Your list's security is important! Please do not use a standard dictionary word or proper name.
List Owner - The list owner address is an email address that will receive all confirmation messages from Mailman.
Use Domain Name - If you have more then one domain on your account, this drop down menu will allow you to select the domain you would like to use for the list's email address (what goes after the @).
6) Click the Create List(s) submit button at the bottom of the page, and your list will be created.
7) Watch for a "success" message. Please note that it can take up to 15 minutes for your new Mailman list to be fully functional.
Extensive online documentation for Mailman can be found here : http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/docs.html
Was this answer helpful?
An overview of our webmail software and its capabilities. Important Notice What is Webmail...
How to configure and manage the email aliases that come with your account. What is an...
What is Gmail? How to configure Gmail to POP Datarealm email Where is my mail?...
Instructions for configuring Outlook email software. Starting the New Account Wizard...
Below you will find instructions for configuring Apple's Mail application. To begin, open Mail...